250 Elton Park Road, Morrison, Oakville
5 bed · 2.1 bath · 4040 + 1129 sqFT · $2,800,000
Calling All Mad Men Fans! Houses like this are a rare find for International architecture enthusiasts – and this one’s an original. Custom built in 1971. Designed by acclaimed architect Don Hallford to exacting standards, no compromises were made in terms of quality or design. Understated and extremely private from the street, the inside welcomes you with its open flow, natural light, clean lines and calming layout. This isn’t just any house, it’s a piece of cutting-edge history – thoughtfully crafted for family living.
The main floor boasts a double height entrance, open living-dining room, eat-in kitchen, office, laundry room, and a four-season sunroom that overlooks the backyard and swimming pool.
Upstairs, the living area is equally unique. With 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, there’s plenty of room for all. There’s even a large recreation room that can be reached from the second floor – or by ladder for a bit of fun! All of the bedrooms are a good size with cedar ceilings and built in closets. The master bedroom has a small ensuite, walk-in closet, and a private west-facing deck.
Have a love of mid-century / international architecture? Looking for a renovation project? This house has space, style and a design pedigree. Come and see it!
- Custom built in 1971 by acclaimed architect
- International design
- Double height entrance
- Living room with wood burning fireplace and 3 large windows overlooking the garden
- Open to dining room with views of the garden and walkout to the stone patio
- Kitchen with breakfast area with large windows overlooking garden
- Four season sunroom with windows on 3 sides and cedar ceiling; floor to ceiling windows and walkout to pool.
- Office with parquet flooring and book shelves
- ·Large recreation room with electric fireplace
- Master bedroom with ensuite, walk-in closet and private deck
- 4 additional bedrooms with cedar ceilings and built in closets
- 2+1 bathrooms
- Private street
Situated on one of Oakville’s best streets, this 106 * 201 ft west facing, level lot has tons to offer. Zoned R1, this is a 21,355 sq ft lot. Walking distance to many of the best public and private schools around including: New Central, EJ James, Maple Grove, OTHS, St.Mlidred’s, Linbrook, Appleby and MacLachlan. Existing in-ground pool in working condition.
Footnote: Don Hallford also designed quite a few public spaces around town and province including the original town hall and the Fire hall in downtown Oakville
- New Central JK–6
- St. Vincent CES JK-8
- Maple Grove 7-8
- Oakville Trafalgar 9-12
- St. Thomas Aquinas CSS 9-12
- Walking distance to Post, Maple Valley, Poplar and Birchview Parks.
- Walk to Lake Ontario with all its hiking and bike trails.
- Walk to down town Oakville with boutique shops, restaurants, cafes, Performing Arts Centre and much more.
- Near to Cornwall Road with shops such as Wholefoods, Longos & Harper's Landing Restaurant.
- Walking distance to Oakville GO station
- Easy access to QEW